Thursday, May 5, 2016

Woo Hoo! Zip-a-dee-doo-dah! What a wonderful day!

I am so stoked! Waves of excitement are rippling off my being! Oh, you say, you didn’t notice that. Well, neither could my first year college suite mates. They thought I was reading the obits or something serious when I was devouring the funnies. I was laughing uproariously inside.

This is better than a kid in a candy shop. Today, my big brother flies in to town; some of my closest friends will drive in on Monday; and Max’s professors are letting him take his Monday exams on others days--all to be at the Wesley Theological Seminary Commencement ceremony to be held at the National Cathedral. I will be wearing an academic gown with three stripes on the sleeves and a puffy six-cornered tam, along with the academic hood in WTS colors. I am getting my Doctor of Ministry degree!

Some have wondered what I plan to do with my doctorate. Big changes are in store! Are you ready for this? Drum roll, please!
I plan to be the pastor of Christ Crossman, that’s what!
And you don’t even have to call me The Rev. Dr. Morris.
I’m still Pastor Mochel, and I am still very much who I have been.

There are changes though. I have learned a lot through this process, and all that has come along with it in the past couple of years. I am ready, able, and willing to help lead C2UMC in our next great adventure—reaching out into the community to be the most amazing part of God’s Kindom that we can possibly be. The ride will be an exciting one, so hold on to your hats. God has great things to do with us and through us.

Psalm 98:4
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises.



No comments: