Thursday, October 1, 2015

Abundance so Infinitely Great

I talked today with a friend whose wise counsel and mentorship I highly value, and whose sense of humor I thoroughly enjoy. I described a new (to me) book I am reading. I can only read a bit of it at a time because it is so deeply wonderful. It’s about the Trinity—the doctrine about which we cannot truly understand or grasp completely. All we can do is experience it. And the experience is all around us. It is the heart of the matter, we both agreed. It is the source, being, and ending (as in purpose) of all that is, all creation, all the universe.

This, however, is not about the doctrine. I simply want to share an insight into an experience. When I read of, think about, pray in the presence of the Trinity, I find myself in the midst of a Hubble-esque picture. Our God who is Three-in-One surrounds me, you, us, in an abundance so infinitely great that to catch one glimpse is to be filled with gratitude that never ends. How can I keep from singing praise!

My prayer for you tonight, this morning, is for eyes to see, ears to hear, a mind to consider, and a heart to be filled with an abundance beyond your wildest imaginings, and even that does not come close.

Matthew 28:19b

… in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…

No comments: