Thursday, March 5, 2015

Snow Secret

Shhh. Don’t let my secret out. I kind of like snow days. I do not really want to get out in it; I do like to watch it from inside. The best part of a snow day is that suddenly there is s-p-a-c-e and t-i-m-e in my life. It feels almost as though time comes to a stop or at least slows down. Knowing the night before means that all my alarms can be turned off and I can sleep until I wake up--a true luxury.

Last night at our small group, one of us talked about being on that treadmill of going, going, going and not being able to get off. Wilderness time, like snow days, can help clear some space for reflection, for being, and for getting clarity, if needed. I hope you can find some of this t-i-m-e and s-p-a-c-e in your day.

With my secret safe, I can grump around and stomp my feet, but I will enjoy the day as I use it to get things organized that often get neglected in my life.

I do have this to say, however, okay, that’s enough. After this, I will be ready for spring, so this Saturday, I will set my clock ahead one hour as we SPRING FORWARD, and I fully expect Spring to be warming up in the bull pen.

Proverbs 25:13
Like the cold of snow in the time of harvest are faithful messengers to those who send them;
they refresh the spirit of their masters.



Have you signed up yet to be a part of my DMin project: A Listening Discernment. Click here to read more.

No comments: