Friday, June 9, 2017

In the Fullness of Time...

In the fullness of time…

Have you ever had a desire to do something and you wanted to do it now, or there was something you wanted and you wanted it now, however for whatever reasons, known or unknown, now was not the time? I have certainly experienced the frustration that can go with the thwarting of my desires. I have also faced questions when something seemed the perfect answer or direction, yet I could not go there at the time. It then comes as a surprise almost when it does open up in the fullness of time.

I have thought about this in terms of both my sons. Jeff and I were thwarted for so long in our desire for children. After twelve years of marriage, and nine years of trying, suddenly we were gifted with Andrew. Another six years went by, no longer trying, when we were completely surprised by the advent of Max. In the fullness of time, our miracle sons were gifted to us.

Over the past couple of years, I have been sensing that a new adventure was just out of my sight. Anytime, I tried to see what it was, I could not. I was being drawn forward without knowing where or when. I continue to be invited into a mystery that is being unveiled. In the fullness of time, I will know more. In the meantime, I know that I am held in the awesome web of belonging in God’s grace.



Ephesians 1:8b-10
With all wisdom and insight God has made known to us the mystery of God’s will, according to God’s good pleasure that God set forth in Christ, as a plan for the fullness of time, to gather up all things in Godself, things in heaven and things on earth. 


No comments: