Thursday, March 1, 2012

So Much Love


I am surrounded by so much love, and I am thankful even right now when I think about having to take my niece back to the airport in the morning. More than anything else I have learned during my treatment for breast cancer, and during Jeff’s illness and after his death, is that I am really not alone. No matter how much I may feel as though I am carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders, all I have to do is turn my head slightly to the right or left and see who is helping me hold it up. Even when I can’t see them, they are there: friends who check in with me, who ask deeper questions about how I’m doing, who accept when I want to talk and when I don’t. In all this I am truly blessed.

So when I think of the all the days and tasks that lay ahead and find them somewhat overwhelming, I want to remember that when Jesus invites me to share his yoke to make my burden light, he has given me sisters and brothers to be his face and his shoulders. As the rabbi said, “It is enough.”


Romans 12:15
Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

No comments: