Thursday, February 27, 2014

Out of the Depths

In several ways this week has been tough, some ups and more downs--not so much for me, but for people I care about.
I give thanks for love found for a friend.
I grieve for a friend who had bad news about a medical condition, that reminds me all too much about Jeff's journey.
I ache for another friend who had bad news.
We all mourn the loss of our Gerry, while we also celebrate her new life.
I think the psalmist can pray much better than I can right now, and so I join my voice with all of God's people who cry out:

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord.
Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my
supplications!
If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, Lord, who could stand?
But there is forgiveness with you, so that you may be revered.
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning.
More than those who watch for the morning, O Israel, hope in the Lord!
For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
and with him is great power to redeem.
It is he who will redeem Israel from all its iniquities. [Psalm 130]

Pray for all who mourn,
for all who sorrow,
for all in distress,
for all need a word of grace.

No comments: