Thursday, December 31, 2015

My Word Is Hope

In the waning days of 2015, I have noticed an app on Facebook that chooses a word to represent what is coming for the user in the New Year. Mix that in with the reading and writing I have been doing and a word for me might be hope—hope that my draft will be done to submit by the due date; hope that I will find new clarity; hope that I will finally learn some patience; hope to see moments of unity amidst the diversity; hope that I learn to accept gracefully the moment in which I live… There is no and to indicate the last of a series because my list of hopes goes on.

My prayer is that each of us may hold the time that is given us with a gentle touch of hope, not holding too tightly to keep it from passing, not dropping it as though it doesn’t matter, nor holding it at arm’s length so we will be untouched by its passing, but gently accepting its kiss and allowing it to weave the weft through warp that moves among and between us all.


Romans 8:24-25

For in hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what is seen? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

No comments: