Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thirteen point seven billion years

I find it absolutely amazing that there are persons who think that believing Creation is as old as it is--13.7 billion years give or take a few--means the same thing as not believing in God, or that God is the Creator. I am willing to allow for differing opinions, but really do not get it. For me, the more we discover about the universe the more my awe and belief in God deepens. 

I look at the timeline of the universe and I stand amazed at the power of our Creator. I see pictures of distant galaxies, nebulae, and starfields made available to us through the Hubble telescope and songs of praise rise up within me.

There is nothing so macrocosmic or so microcosmic that it does not have the touch, the very DNA, as it were, of God within it, and about it. Our God who is Three-in-One is always creating, always, redeeming, and always sustaining. How majestic is God's name in all that is!



Psalm 8:1, 3-4

O Lord, our Sovereign, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.
When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars that you have established; what are human beings that you are mindful of them, mortals that you care for them?

No comments: