Thursday, February 25, 2016

Blessed In the Aches

I ache in almost every muscle and joint in my body, but especially my hip, after two days of moving heavy items. I am not complaining as I type this, just observing that I am aching because I am incredibly blessed.

I am blessed because I have my choice of places where I can lay my aching body down on a comfortable mattress. I am not having to scratch out a barebones existence because of draught or because I had to flee my homeland in the midst of war.

I am blessed because tonight I will be able to gently stretch my aching muscles in prayer under the direction of someone who bathes the moves with images and words from scripture. I am blessed because I was able to answer a question from my son: what would I want to do if I were 21 again and could do anything, but the same thing, for the next twenty-five year? My answer: what I do now. I am blessed that I am able to live my life in a way that is filled with meaning and purpose, that I can still grow in my understanding of that meaning and purpose in God’s Kindom.

I invite you to join us tonight at 7:30 for a session of Embodied Prayer. It doesn’t matter whether you have not been able to come before, or whether you will be able to come next week. Come tonight for a shared blessing.

Psalm 141:2

My prayers rise like incense; my hands like the evening sacrifice.

No comments: