Thursday, September 15, 2016

My Trust and Hope

While I care very much about the upcoming election, I realized that I was putting too much energy into wanting the “right” candidate to win over the “wrong” candidates. I was pulled up suddenly by a question that came into my spirit that I can only believe comes from the Spirit—where am I putting my trust and hope?

Regardless of who wins the popular vote in November and the electoral vote in December, and regardless who will occupy the White House beginning January 20, 2017, my hope and trust really is in the One who put all Creation into motion, who abides in the depths of all Creation, and who calls us forward in relationship. My fretting now will not change that.

Yes, of course, I personally think that a particular candidate is more likely than the others to lead our nation in a way that more closely aligns with how I think it should go, but no one person is right all the time. I have not agreed with everything done by any of the presidents who have been in office since I have been able to vote. I do know that our triune God is the center of all, seeks relationship with each of us, and inspires us to be in loving, healing relationship with others. I have decided that is where I will put my energy, my trust, and my hope.

Matthew 6:33

Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. [The Message]

No comments: