Tuesday, July 3, 2007

6 years in ministry together!

This past Sunday was my 6th anniversary with my current congregation. This Annual Conference in June marked 27 years in pastoral ministry (29 since my ordination as a deacon, 26 since my ordination as an elder)! How does time fly so fast!

While I have loved all my congregations, the people here at Christ Crossman have challenged me and kept me on the growing edge. It's an exciting place to be in ministry with God's people. Now don't get me wrong! It's still not easy. We think that the tide has begun to turn, but we can't be sure. In a place with as much transition as Northern VA, we can never know for sure if our leaders will still be here next year, or will move on to a new place in their careers, or in their retirement.

Our prayer is to be a part of what God wants to bless here. Join us in that venture of faith!

No comments: