Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dark. Simplicity. Silence.


Different images are weaving their way through my spirit this week. “Studying the dark” is this week’s theme in an online Advent retreat I am doing; We are reading and talking about simplicity in our Wednesday night group. We gathered for silent prayer this morning in the Chapel. Dark… Simplicity... Silence...

These images weave their way around my head and my heart, through my spirit. In the dark, sometimes there is fear, but also there is nurturing dark that allows a seed, an idea to germinate. In the dark, I wait for healing sleep. In the dark, I am held in God’s embrace. In the dark, I have a longing for simplicity, for singleness of eye and heart, for the one Good above all good. In the dark, there is silence, silence that is lonely, silence that is full, silence held cupped in my upturned hands.

In the dark, there is room for God to come with hope. In the simplicity, there is space for God to move with joy. In the silence, there are ears to hear God’s music resound.

Dark…. Simplicity… Silence…

Psalm 62.5
For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from him.

No comments: