Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Rhythm of Prayer

Oh, how I have missed our midweek prayer sessions! With meetings, funeral, classes and college visits, I have missed all but two since the beginning of April. Getting back into the rhythm today was soothing to my spirit. I felt my heart open wide, and burdens roll off my back. I was grounded in God’s creation and lifted high in the embrace of the holy Trinity all at the same time.

We gather at ten a.m. in the chapel, briefly sharing concerns and/or joys. Then we experience the embodiment of prayer, allowing our bodies to take part in prayer that is bathed in scripture. These simple movements are gentle and can be done while seated if needed.

In the midst of a busy week that sometimes gets stressful, we often carry burdens in our bodies as well as our spirits. I invite you to come and allow God’s Spirit to meet you in community, offering you healing and refreshment for your walk in the world.

Philippians 1:9

And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight.

No comments: