Thursday, July 17, 2014

Trust. Hope. Wait.

There are times when my mind goes so fast, especially when I am working with other people, or working on a particular idea, that a moment of letdown comes in the aftermath. It’s not that I am no longer thinking, but more that I am overwhelmed. This week has been like that to the max. Maybe it’s because I was away for ten days and feel the need to get going. During my swim on Tuesday, I had all kinds of ideas for the Fall going through my head. Working at our staff meeting had all kinds of energy bubbling up. Tuesday night at our Witness Team meeting, our ideas were flowing and building on each other. The book I am reading for my paper is so good that I find nuggets on almost every page.

And now, I need to let all of that wonderful work soak down into the ground of my being and allow the Spirit to nurture what needs to grow at this time and let other parts remain fallow for the moment. That’s the hard part for me. I feel as though I get steam built up and I have to run at full tilt when the Spirit may be saying to me, “Let’s work on this for a bit. Let it rest and see what comes to fruition.”

It’s all about trust. I need to be an active participant, yes, but it’s all about God’s vision, not mine. Trust. Wait. See. Wait. Listen. Hope. Trust. David Bailey Harned’s words still echo in my soul: “In the end, God’s will will be done.” Not my will. Not my way. Your way. Your will. Trust. Hope. Wait.


Psalm 131
O Lord, my heart is not lifted up, my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me.
But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.

O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time on and forevermore.

No comments: