Thursday, February 5, 2015

God Remembers

Numbers, numbers, and numbers are running through my brain as I am completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for Max’s college tuition, housing, fees, books, etc. Verses, verses, and verses are running through my mind from all the reading and preparation for worship, studying and preaching. Prayers, prayers, and prayers are running through my heart from Bible study, staff meeting, colloquy at Wesley, and small group.
How can I manage so much in my memory? Sometimes I can; sometimes I cannot. Sometimes there are things I forget, but I give thanks that God always remembers. Out of the billions and billions of stars and objects in creation, and the billions and billions who live and have lived here on the earth, I am confident that not a single one, no matter how large, no matter how small, is ever forgotten by the One in whom and out of whom we have our beginning, our present, and our end.
And so I give thanks that God remembers what I forget, that God remembers what you forget, and that God helps us remember each time we gather together.

Isaiah 49:15-16

Eternal One: Is it possible for a mother, however disappointed,
        however hurt, to forget her nursing child?
    Can she feel nothing for the baby she carried and birthed?
        Even if she could, I, God, will never forget you.
    Look here. I have made you a part of Me, written you on the palms of My hands. 
                       (The Voice)



No comments: